Freelance advertising and creative support is a common trend in the corporate world due to widespread downsizing and restructuring. More commonly than not, freelance ad experts are engaged on a contract or short term basis to reduce marketing budgets and satisfy branding and advertising needs as required, rather than having a full-time creative expert on hand on a permanent basis.
Advertising specialists offer an hourly rate service, day rate or project rate, providing flexibility to businesses and transparency for advertising budgets.
Engaging an outside creative specialist can be a welcome addition to a campaign and a set of ‘fresh eyes’ for the branding or ad process.
Your freelance advertising executive can provide a range of services to your business including:
- Creating advertising copy
- Developing branding
- Sales and marketing projects
- Digital marketing
- Ad agency projects
- Brochure design
- Social media campaigns
- Internet marketing
The four main areas of focus for advertising professionals cover the area of strategy, creative, production and marketing.
Each of these areas house a variety of talented specialties and will bring about individuals who are specialists in specific areas such as corporate video production, ecommerce, eMarketing and focus groups.
Freelance advertising specialists are focused on offering a flexible and fulfilling service away from the stress of a traditional advertising agency and will go the extra mile to provide a service that suits your business needs.
Businesses can employ a range of skilled freelance advertising specialists, and your needs, and budget will determine your final freelancer. Freelance rates are refreshingly more affordable that the industry standard and the world is your oyster when you’re looking to find a consultant for your next project.
When you’re looking for an advertising professional, consider the following:
- Ask for a portfolio and references -professional freelance advertising experts will have plenty of examples of their work experience, always ask for a portfolio to get an idea of their experience their style.
- Brief your freelance advertising specialist on what is expected including timelines and provide examples of previous work so they understand your expectations.
- Communicate with your freelancer and include them in correspondence and updates.
- Be very clear about your branding and your expectations.
- Take the time to answer questions.
- Be available throughout to review any material and offer feedback.
- Be honest and frank about the work delivered and feedback, your freelancer will be happy to edit and update, so be candid, so you both get the desired outcome for your project.
No matter what task you have in your advertising or branding campaign, freelancer.com has an advertising expert who can provide winning support for your business needs.