The evolution of technology and resultant availability of 3D applications at accessible pricing has attracted aspiring 3D modelers to a specialist career path in ever increasing numbers. The world of 3D modeling is undergoing a period of significant growth and shows no sign of slowing down. Modelers are heavily engaged in a broad variety of sectors from entertainment to architecture, medicine to engineering. The application of 3D modeling appears limitless.
By way of example, the medical industry leverages 3D modeling to create models of internal organs. In architecture, 3D computerized models of proposed buildings have replaced manual construction developing physical scale replicas. The entertainment industry utilizes 3D modeling in animated films, and video games rely on modeling heavily for character and objects creation. Engineers use mathematical certainty of models to design new devices or structures.
So, what exactly is 3D modeling? 3D modeling refers to the construction of graphics or images that are three dimensional. Models are typically formulated using modeling software which renders a mathematical representation of a particular object. There are a plethora of 3D modeling software choices available on the market. Some of the more popular options include:
- AutoCAD - Relatively easy to use, this flexible 3D modeling tool is popular amongst graphic and industrial designers and engineers.
- SketchUp - SketchUp offers a useful modeling software option for delivering high-quality renderings and animation.
- Blender - Sculpting, animation, video editing and photorealistic rendering are key deliverables of Blender.
- Rhino - Rhino provides a curve based 3D modeling solution, popularized within architecture, industrial design, graphics, and multimedia. Rhino procures extremely precise models of 3D surfaces through mathematical calculation.
- 3ds Max - Favored in modeling for animation, simulation, and rendering, 3ds Max is used heavily by film studios, gaming developers and motion graphics creators.
- Cinema 4D - Cinema 4D has four different applications to cater for 3D animators, designers, architects and artists involved in motion graphics.
- Maya - Maya is a 3D modeling option developed by AutoDesk and is widely used in video game development, animated films and visual effects.
If you have a project that requires the services of a highly trained, skillful and experienced 3D modeler, then browse for the perfect applicant at Freelancer.com. Hiring a freelancer removes the risk from a complicated 3D modeling project. Secure a modeler proficient in any of the four primary modeling methods, polygonal, primitive, non-uniform rational B-spline, or splines and patches.
Aside from a deep understanding of the latest 3D modelling software and a comprehensive training and qualification background, Freelancer.com provides versatile modellers with the skill-set to cater for a broad range of techniques and workflows, strong attention to detail, creativity and range of complementary skills, such as texture artistry and sculpting, to complete end to end delivery.
Whether you are creating a mobile game on iOS or Android, developing for gaming consoles, generating character models, 3D assets or objects, mapping, or require high-resolution modeling. Freelancer.com can provide the world’s best available freelancers at a fraction of the cost charged by larger software companies. Freelancer showcases are available to view online to provide a demonstration of modeling skill and past performance.