The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a nonprofit organization working toward compassionate and effective medical practice, research, and health promotion. For the last 27 years, PCRM has led the way for reforms of federal nutrition policies, and our clinical research programs are breaking new ground in diabetes, cancer, and other serious medical conditions. We have fought for an emphasis on prevention, higher ethical standards in research, and scientific advances in basic research and effective drug development. Over the years, we have taken on battles to end ethically questionable experiments involving children and inhumane animal experiments and have worked to improve science education. We have worked with physicians, federal regulators, politicians, researchers, educators, students, and concerned citizens. And we have so much more work to do.
The Physicians Committee is seeking a digital consultant with a proven track record with search engine optimization (SEO) to help take the organization’s online strategy to the next level.
• Evaluate current search engine optimization and web traffic; synthesize tracking and analytical data to measure success and create actionable steps for improvements
• Suggest editorial guidelines that are in line with SEO best practices
• Analyze landing page data and user behavior; create recommendations for better user experience
• Develop content strategy to expand organic search
• Translate analytics data into actionable SEO plan
• Spend several days at the PCRM office in Washington, DC teaching SEO best practices to members of the communications team
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years SEO experience
• Solid understanding of SEO best practices including Google Analytics, Convio, etc.
• Experience in Google Adwords and PPC a plus, but not required
• Ability to explain concepts in simplified, succinct steps
• An interest in PCRM’s mission to promote plant-based diets and alternatives to the use of animals in research, education, training, and testing is a plus
While exact start and end dates are flexible, we hope the SEO plan could be completed by September 30th. Work can be done at home most days though there will be several days that the consultant will need to be in the PCRM office to train our communications team members.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Please e-mail a cover letter and your résumé to: careers at pcrm dot org. Please note Digital Consultant in the subject line of your e-mail. Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in this opportunity, including how you found out about the opportunity and your compensation requirement.