You will receive a list with about 5000 retail establishments. Supposedly, these are all small US independent retailers that sell fishing equipment. This list needs to be vetted, cleaned out, and classified so we can make sure it is 100% accurate. The list will be provided in Excel and is comprised of the following fields: Business Name, Address, Category, Website, Link to Pictures in Google Maps.
You will need to perform an online audit of each individual retail establishment in the list. This will require the following steps (done mostly on Google Maps):
1. Confirm the retail establishment actually exists and is an active business.
2. Confirm the retail establishment actually sells fishing equipment (by looking at pictures available on the links provided).
3. Confirm the business type (i.e. bait & tackle, sporting goods, marina store, hunting & fishing, etc.).
4. Assign a code for the business size, by looking at the business pictures an comparing them against visuals standards provided.
This is a very manual and tedious work. We've tried to automate this process, with no success. We need real people, with good analytical skills and resilience, to lookup these business and code them properly. There is no easy way.
PAYMENT: you will receive $0.50 per retail establishment successfully audited (qualified audit). Your records will be compared with the records of other 5 auditors doing the exact same work. If your record coding matches the ones from at least other 2 auditors, then it is considered a qualified audit. Our top priority is quality; we want to make sure that the final list is highly accurate, therefore we are hiring multiple people to do the same work, as an auditing panel. Based on our experience, you should be able to audit on average 200 establishments in a normal 8-hour work day.
TRAINING & SUPPORT: we will provide a 3-hour training webinar to explain the process and standards to perform the work. There will be a supervisor on call to provide support to you at any point throughout the project.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Proven past experience with similar jobs.
2. Resilience to sustain high quality standards through prolonged hours, doing repetitive work.
3. Critical thinking and attention to detail.
4. Commitment to deliver at least 1200 audits per week, once the project starts.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Maps.
6. You need to have your own equipment and good internet speed for video calls.
7. Available to work & communicate during US Eastern Time Zone
8. Fluent written and spoken English.
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD:
1. Past experience in similar projects, auditing retail locations.
2. Knowledge of the fishing tackle category.
3. Being an avid angler.
*** IMPORTANT *** IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BIDDING ON THIS JOB, YOU MUST PROVIDE ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS (NO BIDS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT HAVING THESE QUESTIONS ANSWERED):
1. Have you done similar jobs before? Please describe in detail 3 related jobs you recently did, with examples.
2. Are you willing to commit to 1200 audits per week once the project starts? (no pause/interruptions)
3. In what time zone are you located? Are you willing to work/be available during US Eastern Time Zone?
4. Are you fluent in English? Are you able to hold a fluent conversation via video-conferencing?
5. Do you have any knowledge of fishing equipment? Do you fish yourself?
6. What makes you a strong candidate for this job?