My name's Edward.
Together with my co-founder Till H. Gross I run Course Concierge, an online course production company that creates done-for-you video courses for NYT best-selling authors, TED speakers and subject-matter experts from numerous domains.
We’ve built this company on the success of Till’s first company (see his TEDx talk with 2M views here [login to view URL] or hear Tim Ferriss rave about his work here [login to view URL] ) and lessons I’ve learned helping a renowned speaker launch an instant NYT bestseller, create a YouTube channel with 100,000,000 views and produce more than seven online products.
Course Concierge has been a rapid success and we are expanding our team and looking for a young hot-shot copywriter/direct-response marketer who’s ready to prove himself/herself.
For the right person, this is a Dream Job – and dream company.
If you’re someone who…
- Is dying to become a master marketer or copywriting virtuoso
- Wants to work with the top people in various industries
- Loves investigate research, understanding customers’ motivations, their pains and fears, and their hopes and dreams
- Dreams insanely big and wants to live an extraordinary life
- Gets excited by email open rates over 30% and dreams about lower CPAs
- Is a terrific writer and questioner
- Gets excited at the prospect of learning a tremendous amount, with fast-paced and varied demands
- Is supremely well organised, a self-starter and very capable
- Has an extreme drive to success and doesn’t stop until you’ve won
- Wants to connect with powerful and successful people and build an insane network
...This could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We’re a great company to join. Here’s why…
- Course Concierge was founded less than a year ago, but already we’ve been tremendously successful. You will be coming in at ground level, and we put a huge emphasis on ‘homegrown’ talent. This means as long as you’re proactive there are NO LIMITS to how far you can grow in this role.
- We have an unbelievably engaged team, with world-class people in every department (from video production to design to editorial).
- Our clients are fantastic. We only take on a handful and are incredibly selective in who we work with. Our clients include NYT best-selling authors, TED Speakers, FBI advisers, Stanford professors, NFL coaches and YouTubers with hundreds of millions of views.
- Integrity and honesty are our battle cry. Our clients come to us trusting that we understand that their reputation is more important than short-term revenue from the next launch.
- You will get to work side-by-side with our CEO and learn a tremendous amount (and rub elbows with A-list celebrities and mingle with successful entrepreneurs).
You will have three main responsibilites that blend into each other – all various facets of online marketing.
1. Customer Research
In My Life In Advertising, Claude Hopkins wrote, “One of the greatest advertising men this country has developed [...] spent weeks in going from farm to farm to learn the farmers’ viewpoint. I have known him to ring a thousand doorbells to gain the [customer]'s angle.”
If there’s one thing that is the foundation to become a great marketer, it’s understanding the customer's hopes and dreams as well as their pains and fears.
We will teach you this!
In the way that career progression at JP Morgan starts with being an analyst, our customer research will be a key part of your first months at Course Concierge.
You’ll learn our proprietary customer research process that allows us to elicit holes in the market and drill down to what customers really want. It’s customers that put Course Concierge on the map in the shortest time possible. It’s part of our secret sauce and you’ll be the one to lead it.
We live and breath copywriting. There’s no week in which we don’t throw around an Ogilvy quote or ponder an excerpt from Scientific Advertising. Our copy chief is one of the most accomplished copywriters around and there’s a good chance you’ve read her words. For years she wrote for the likes of Ramit Sethi, Ryan Levesque and Paul Walker (to name just a few).
You'll learn how to write hard-hitting copy and get more real world-experience that you could get anywhere else. You’ll be thrown in at the deep end and get to write landing pages, craft social media posts, assemble Facebook ads, and write entire email series that are seen by millions.
And you’ll write A LOT.
3. Marketing Execution
Setting up landing pages, coming up with split-tests, brainstorming promo videos, managing Facebook ads.
You’ll be in the weeds of online marketing and get to execute massive campaigns. Instead of hoping to get a few more visitors on a blog a day, you’ll get to drive thousands of sales, build email lists with hundreds thousands of people, and assemble launches viewed by millions.
It’s in your hands!
People that have worked in a similar way with Till in the past have made massive jumps in their career. For example, Joe, who after 1.5 years of working with Till became the head of marketing at a venture-backed startup and even made it into the founders’ team.
The key is initiative. We are moving insanely fast and we want you so we can move and execute even faster. For this reason we NEED someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do. To get the most out of this role, you need to be proactive. Think there’s a great angle to market a product? Great. You’ll be the one to lead it.
We believe in deliberate practice and deep work, to build tremendous amounts of “career capital”. We will have plenty to supply.
We want someone who’s ready to hustle and work their ass off in-person together with Till. This means you either need to be based in Los Angeles or ready to relocate within the next month.
You need to be a native English speaker. This will be a full-time position. Working hours will be long and hard. However, once in awhile they will be spiced up with a dinner in the Hollywood hills, a celebrity house party or a mid-day yoga session with a new potential client. Till loves bringing people around and it will be great way for you to build an incredible network.
Send Till and I a pitch to recruiting@[login to view URL] on why you think you would be a great fit for the role, and confirm that you are either living in Los Angeles or ready (and able) to relocate.
Please do not send a resume, CV or attachment of any kind. We don’t care where you went to college (or that you even went at all) — all that matters is whether you can do it. (To quote Claude Hopkins: I know nothing of value which an advertising man can be taught in college. I know of many things taught there which he will need to unlearn before he can steer any practical course.)
Our deadline for submissions is Sunday October 1st, though those who apply sooner have an advantage.
For those who stand out, we will set a small copywriting/marketing test and then set up a Zoom call to discuss the role further.
We hope to find someone we will be working with for many years.
Thank you for reading. Best of luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!