Prerequisites: Expert proficiency in Visual Basic. Program GUI redesign capabilities. Experience with the Windows WDM driver model.
This Image Capture program has been developed on an existing SDK. More details can be provided upon request. The following upgrades need to be implemented into an existing program that we have developed:
1. The ability for the program to recognize all products that use the WDM driver model (the SDK has been recently updated to support this feature).
2. Installation of necessary additional programs (required for program to work correctly, i.e. directx 9, divx, acrobat reader, etc.) in the background. Currently the Inno setup script calls each program's installation interface when the setup file is initialized.
3. An automatic logoff feature that occurs after a certain period of inactivity.
4. The option in the program of adding encryption to files captured.
5. When the "Write Report" button is clicked, have the options to choose from various templates, as well as the ability to open more than one at a time. Also, a "default" button on the editable report screen that reverts back to default layout.
6. If the layout of the report is changed, a prompt which allows the user to save the new layout.
7. There are various runtime errors that occur on the report screen. These would need to be fixed.
8. In the "help" menu, add a training item that leads to the website.
9. Make certain windows always stay on top.
10. Changing various text of buttons.
11. multi-language support if possible
12. Graphical Redesign (smoothing of GUI; modern feel)
All source code and necessary files and information will be provided upon acceptance of the bid. If the coder has the technical ability to migrate these features into the C++ SDK, or even VB.net, without too much trouble, this would be a plus (and the bid amount could reflect this). This isn't a requirement.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000 Windows XP All variants of the above operating systems (i.e. home, pro, corporate, etc.).