The objective is to create a user-friendly web page (as part and with the design of an existing site) where people will be able to buy solar panels.
The page will need to show a grid of 2000 solar cells with GoogleMap-like zooming and scrolling controls. Visitors are able to buy cells and upload
personal info and a picture which is then placed on a cell and in the cell's popup.
Buying workflow includes the following steps:
1. Buyer selects one or more free cells. List of selected cells numbers, total amount and the cost is displayed in the basket widget.
2. Buyer clicks 'Zur Kasse' (Checkout) button and submits personal info and email in the popup window. Cells get 'booked' status and become shaded.
3. Buyer selects the payment type (PayPal, cash, bank transfer, etc.)
4. Buyer gets confirmation screen with the numbers and total amount of cells, cost and chosen payment method. Below the confirmation data it shows a form prompting for specific payment data (e.g. Paypal Id).
5. After successful submission of the above form cells get marked as 'sold' and buyer is able to enter personal data that will be placed in cell's popup. If picture is submitted it's placed in cell's popup and on the cell itself. At this step we also send thank-you email to the buyer.
6. Upon form submission cells get 'sold' status. If picture was submitted it's placed on the cells (shaded).
7. After payment is received authorized person sets 'confirmed' status on administration page which has to be a simple, usable and informative. Admin page should also allow to change status back to 'free' (with confirmation) and edit the info placed on cells and popups.
8. After cells set as 'confirmed' the buyer receives a confirmation email with a generated .pdf receipt. The PDF will have to follow certain design standards. Cells become unshaded and popups start to work on them.
9. If booked cells didn't change status to 'sold' within 1 hour the booking is cleared.
Additional features include:
- random appearance of cells popups (amount of popups simultaneously shown and appearance delay should be configurable in script).
- list of top-3 buyers on the bottom of the page
- search functionality allowing to:
- going to a given cell no.,
- going to a cell noted under a certain name,
- showing all names beginning with a certain letter
- showing buyers in descending order of no. of cells bought (e.g. at a given time the person who buys most cells should be shown first & so on?)
The webpage will be integrated into existing website using its API, you'll be provided with code examples fot mailing functionality, website integration, popups JS [url removed, login to view] runs on Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP system and is accessible via FTP.