Develop a very high quality website skin and supporting material for an existing WordPress site. I'm looking for designers of the highest caliber to work on this project. I will supply details of the development URL and other project details only to the winning bidder. Suffice to say it is a customised WordPress site.
Please do not reply with a stock response (it will be ignored). Supply me your best 3 websites. Three only. I don't want to trawl through 30 examples from 30 bidders, it's just too much work. Also, stick to telling me what you can do and how you're the right person for the job. There will be time later for questions.
Be sure to read the entire job spec. I've taken the time to be specific.
The site is an exciting innovative new venture with a focus on delivering a rich media experience to users. Lots more potential work here and a desire from me to build a long term relationship.
**Your experience - Bids welcome from people meeting the following criteria**
* 5 years+ web design
* Must have previous Word Press customisation experience
* Excellent communication and English
* Demonstrable experience of engaging, visually striking design
* Brand building awareness
* Estimate around 30 pages
* High quality visual rendering on desktop web client, iOS and other mobile devices
* HTML markup must be high quality, efficient and pass popular validation sites
* Quality rendering on all modern browsers (IE7+, Firefox, Chrome etc.) with graceful degradation where required
* No flash etc. just plain HTML/script
* Custom Word Press 'skin'
* Includes customisation of custom PHP code for product search, view, edit pages. Note, no coding here. Just more design.
* Site includes a form module which will be required to fit in with the look
* No custom Word Press modules to be installed without my permission.
* Installation of lots of modules just slows down the site and creates additional complexity
* Use of custom modules should be limited
* I would prefer you to have a good knowledge of the module in terms of how it effects both the core website and changes to the database
**HomePage - Requirements**
* Bold, colourful
* Image covers entire background
* Scales with resize
* Would prefer background to remain static and not scroll with page. This will give depth
* <[url removed, login to view]>
* <[url removed, login to view]>
* Must have a carousel
* Carries on the high impact theme
* Allows fresh content to be easily
* No Flash, must be HTML based
* This component looks like a good fit. Includes a WordPress plug-in. <[url removed, login to view]>
* Must play automatically. It's critical that the page be interesting and grab attention
* <[url removed, login to view]> - Would like to have title text for each carousel entry. See example link and '[url removed, login to view]' for details.
* Would like optional choice of playing video in some panes
* Would be nice to have the background image cycle through some predefined images or if not possible choose an image from a predefined number of images
**Registration - Requirements**
Like all areas of the site I want a slick, visually engaging registration. Here are the key requirements/notes
* Customisation of the registration of WordPress is well documented on the web
* Customisation offers both capture of additional fields and the visuals
* An example guide - <[url removed, login to view]>
* The registration page must be visually appealing and not just include text fields. An example is shown in the '[url removed, login to view]' attachment
* The custom WordPress control Pie Register is already installed (<[url removed, login to view]>). Please try to use this before recommending another. It includes lots of extra features that will be useful.
* Registration details to capture
* First name, Surname, email, contact number, password
1. ZIP file containing all material required
2. Primarily a WP skin/s. In detail, the HTML/CSS
3. Deployment to development server
4. At least 3 strong home page concepts, one of which I'll choose as the accepted copy for further development
**What I'll provide**
1. Development server of your own with which you can work in piece (parallel work will be going on)
2. FTP access, WP admin account
4. Video material showing other
* 5 days from acceptance
* You will be expected to provide visible daily updates to the site and email communication. I want to be sure I can see progress and help with comments where possible. This avoids issues arising at the end.
* iOS/mobile viewing - Right now it's lousy. Really lousy. The default WP skins do things like render menus over two lines. This cannot be the case for the production site.
* WP device specific skin - A module was added that allows the HTML output to be tailored to the viewing device. I've not used it nor really do I want to. I'm just calling out this fact in case it's of help during production.