We are looking for back end work on a video channel web site (similar to [url removed, login to view]) that will show both featured content (The Lineup) and also audience submitted content (Yourstuff). We area doing all the design, but need help with the following:
* Video database (with data like where the video exists (in each format), the title, the video creator/producer, playtime, brief description, as well as dynamic info like traffic, comments, the voting (for The Lineup shows), star ratings (for Yourstuff videos), number of “send to friends??, etc.)
* Member database (with user name, email address, password, newsletter preference, 13 or older check, possibly usage data in a later phase). Users must register to post comments or submit videos.
* 5 Star ratings tool for the submitted “Yourstuff?? videos. Note: No registration required for star ratings, however, we will likely need to log IP addresses and link them to star ratings, to avoid having one user ‘stack the deck’.
* Voting - thumbs up/down tool for our “Lineup?? shows (our main videos series). No registration required.
* Comment tool (for “insta-posted?? video-specific remarks). You must register/sign in to post a comment.
* Newsletter sign up form. Anyone can sign up for the newsletter. No registration required. All you need to do is give us an email address.
* “Send This Video?? (basic ‘send to a friend’ tool with tracking info)
* “Talk to Us?? (basic email form to send us questions/comments)
* Player preferences setup to choose between Window Media or Quicktime formats (including everything needed to enable users to download players legally)
* Web - should be compliant with all major browsers including: I.E., Firefox, Netscape, and Safari. ??Submit Your Video?? submission tool for uploading videos. Registration required.
Please see the attached “Techspec?? document for deatails, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions. For samples visit [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], ifilm.com.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Web - should be compliant with all major browsers including: I.E., Firefox, Netscape, and Safari.