I am recruiting for a Java Developer with Python for a high caliber client thought you might be interested in.
This is a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge network technologies in one of the UK hottest telecom startup. Our Company is a spin-out company from the University of Bristol developing and marketing Open Networking solutions for heterogeneous networks based on Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) principles. Our Client is looking for engineers that are motivated by working on cutting edge technology, working on solving challenging problems and working in a small tight-knit team of elite network programmers.
As a Java developer, you will be a key member of our product development team who is in charge of developing software control plane systems for Information and Communications (ICT) networks. In addition to application software development, your duties involve evaluating third party and open source software, interacting with various other Engineering teams (internally and externally) and working with network hardware vendors. There is a wide range of areas to work on, spanning next-generation networking architecture (e.g., OpenDaylight or similar technologies), software systems to configure and monitor network devices, and related software on servers and switches. This is a full-time position based in our Bristol HQ office.
Experience: You will have…
• 8 years or more of product development for telecommunication networks,
• 5 years or more working in a commercial product development team of at least 5 engineers.
• 5 years or more developing java software for at least 3 different network applications.
• 1 year or more python scripting for at least 1 commercial product
• 5 years or more developing code in an Agile environment, using source control, issue tracking and automatic build and test tools.
• 3 years or more configuring and deploying software on Linux.
Capabilities: You will be able to…
• Design, develop and optimize java software.
• Design, develop and optimize Python software.
• Design and develop extensions to SDN based network controllers
• Design and develop network applications for SDN based network controllers
• Integrate systems and micro services using RESTful APIs.
• Write and maintain Linux shell scripts and perform systems administration.
Qualifications: You will have…
• A BSc/MSc or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
Responsibilities: You will…
• Own the requirements and test specifications for your developed software components.
• Plan and report on your development activities with the Team Leader.
• Develop high quality software in an efficient and effective manner.
• Support customers and partners with project activities and resolving technical issues.
• Work off-site to deploy and administer customer installations.
• Contribute to Client’s strategic product development plan.
Contribute to the implementation and improvement of Client’s internal processes
If you think you could be the person for this opportunity then please apply or contact . Ensure to attach your CV in a word format with all your contact details, i.e. telephone, mobile, email etc.
This position is located in Bristol. Salary level 40k-55k
Christable Anderson is a Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.