Looking for some bespoke reverse auction auto bidding software to be created.
The software would need to be held on a public website but accessible via user login with captcha/anti brute force security.
We would require ongoing support for any feature/change requests after the initial creation or in-case of problems
Each day there are direct links to every auction sent via email to our client - The links include the our unique I.D and auction I.D which removes the need for login to each auction - Examples URL's can be provided with confidentiality.
We are pre-informed about each lot in advance of the auction going live which is taken care of offline, in other words we are aware of auction 'lot' id's beforehand.
We need the software functionality:
- to be able to enter the start/finish times for each auction
- Once the auction is live we need to be able to pre-select from multiple lots where we can enter our minimum proposed bids
- The software needs to be able to monitor bidding activity - We are only informed if we are winning or losing and how many competitors are currently bidding on the auction, no amounts are present.
- The software should not place any bids until perhaps 'X' minutes before the end of the auction - The default will likely be 10 minutes but we would like an admin/CP option to change this per auction and/or globally as the auction website in question does occasionally suffer from performance issues.
- The software should only attempt to compete with another bid if it is above the minimum we are willing to pay. Any bid attempts on our part should only be made if absolutely necessary e.g
• Current bid = £1000
• Our minimum = £800
• Another supplier bids £850
• The software monitors this and providing that no other bids are placed below our minimum (£800) it will place a bid for us within a few minutes of the auction end at £845
• If someone else manages to get a bid in of £830 it will bid again (£825) providing there is sufficient time remaining.
As we are providing the software with a URL, it would be helpful if this was loaded as an iframe within the software GUI for ease of reference
I envisage a 3-page GUI system once logged in
One would be the admin panel global settings - In here you would also be able to create an auction and define settings for each auction as mentioned above.
Two would be an embedded version of the auction purely for reference purpose.
Three would be a summary of all minimum bids places and current activity per lot - Only showing the information we require (i.e not showing lots which don't apply)
Hopefully all that makes sense, I'm unsure at this stage on available budget to create the software but we are willing to look at experts and casual programmers with experience - The project will be awarded to whoever we think will provide the best price and service with a view to additional work resulting from change requests or software upgrades in future.