We are on a lookout for a developer for a short program to implement multiple screen image/video toggling using RPi. Further details of the job and relevant information is given below:
In the scenario we have the following components -
- 4 x 43"/50" TV screens running at 1080p
- 2 x Raspberry Pis (Each RPi is connected to 2 TVs)
- Connections between the RPis as required
The scenario at hand is the installation of the 4 TV screens connected to the RPi's as mentioned above.
We have the following content for showcase:
- 4 x Videos (VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2, VIDEO 3 and VIDEO 4) of average 10s of playtime.
- 4 x Static Images (Each loop will display the same static image, images will change each iteration)
The requirement is for the following to happen:
A) Play VIDEO 1 on SCREEN 1 and display STATIC IMAGE 1 on SCREENS 2, 3 and 4 - until the video playing in SCREEN 1 completes playing.
B)Once VIDEO 1 on SCREEN 1 completes playing, start playing VIDEO 2 on SCREEN 2 and display STATIC IMAGE 2 on SCREENS 1, 3 and 4 - until the video playing in SCREEN 2 completes playing.
C)Once VIDEO on SCREEN 2 completes playing, start playing VIDEO 3 on SCREEN 3 and display STATIC IMAGE 3 on SCREENS 1, 2 and 4 - until the video playing in SCREEN 3 completes playing.
C)Once VIDEO on SCREEN 3 completes playing, start playing VIDEO 4 on SCREEN 4 and display STATIC IMAGE 4 on SCREENS 1, 2 and 3 - until the video playing in SCREEN 4 completes playing. Once, the videos have been toggled through SCREENS 1 to 4, the pattern repeats and the loop begins from STEP A.
An image (Screen_Loop) has been provided herewith to further explain graphically the looping process. Sample 1080p videos (average length 10 seconds) and static images can be used off the net to show the progress. The final videos/images if required will be provided once the program is complete.
In light of the above requirement, we require someone very familiar with RPi and Python who has preferably worked on displays. The right freelancer would be able to clearly grasp the requirements and would be confident at fulfilling it.
- As mentioned above, the program will be running on a set of 4 TV Screens at 1080p connected to 2 RPi's. One set of 4 TV Screens would be 50" Screens while the other set of 4 TV Screens would be 43". We need the exact same program to run on both sets. This is mentioned to outline the display sizes.
- We require the video to run lag-free without jitter and have a smooth transition and looping across screens. This is extremely crucial.
- We have worked on a solution using PyQT and have a sample code in case it helps.
- We have a strict deadline of completion by Saturday, 12 October 2019. This is of immense importance.
Please reply back to the post if you are confident at delivering the solution and on time as this is extremely crucial. Help from our end and guidance will definitely be available.
Looking forward to receiving your proposal!