The attached project, a program that creates Lucene indexes from a set of Excel files. It runs fine from the IDE and does what I need it to do. The only problem I'm having is that when I compile it into a JAR and attempt to use it, the following happens:
- I run the program and press "Choose Directory".
- I select the top-level folder containing the Excel files.
- I press "Start Indexing".
- I receive the following error: "[login to view URL] property is not set"
That error does not occur when running from the IDE. Thus far, that's the only error I've seen, but I don't know if any other errors will still appear in the compiled version once this is resolved. So, for this project, there are two deliverables:
1. Compile a working JAR that functions the same way the project currently does when run from the IDE. This includes any errors that may appear in the compiled version after the initial error is fixed. (I will provide you with sample Excel files and exact instructions on how to test whether the program works.)
2. Document every change that had to be made — to the code, to the IntelliJ settings, or anything else — in order to correct the error(s) and produce a working JAR. You can do this by writing down a step-by-step list, or by taking a screencap video...I just need to be able to recompile this myself in case I need to edit the source, so I want to know what you did! :)
That's it. Let me know if you have any questions before bidding, and thank you for your time!