This is a brief to create a data set about companies who operate in the Noise and vibration market in Australia New Zealand, USA and UK/Europe.
See the attached spread sheet for the sort of data we are after.
We expect that you will approach this project like this:
1. Research industry sources in the specified countries for existing lists of these companies and compile a target list of companies
2. Find other sources of lists that match the companies in the criteria below
3. Do analysis on these companies by filling in the data about the target companies in the attached spread sheet.
We are particularly interested in knowing about business that provide ongoing noise monitoring and vibration monitoring services to asset and infrastructure owners in the industries listed below.
Industry sources samples.
You can probably find lists from these sorts of sources:
• Noise and vibration industry magazines such as Sound and Vibration magazine, maintenance and machine condition monitoring magazines, environmental noise magazines.
• Industry associations
• Industry Conferences – look for lists of companies presenting and displaying at these conferences
• Searching on the web for companies that match the criteria below.
We are most interested in the companies that
• Are likely to be turning over between AUD$10m - $100m
• Have approximately 25-500 employees
Capabilities and services criteria
The main criteria are to find companies that are operating the Noise and Vibration market. There are a number of sub sets to this market with companies operating in:
• Instrument design and manufacture
• Instrument sales, distribution, hire
• Signal/Data Processing Reporting Software
• Monitoring System Design, Supply and Integration
• Environmental Monitoring, Studies, Analysis & Consulting
• Technical Asset Design Construction and Operational Studies & Consulting
• Continuous / On-going Operational Monitoring Services
• Noise and Vibration consulting
• Data processing / Software
• Testing & Analysis
• Condition monitoring
• Asset monitoring with noise and/or vibration monitoring
• Predictive Maintenance
• Operational efficiency consulting
• Maintenance consulting around noise and vibration
Nine industry sectors
There are nine industry sectors that these economies typically operate in. These are:
6. Mining/Oil and Gas
8. Urban infrastructure and environment
We are only interested in companies that have the majority of their operations in these geographic locations:
• New Zealand,
• USA and
it is likely that this project will be completed by someone who has done work in identifying market operators in other or similar markets previously.
A sample spread sheet is attached indicating the data for each company we are after. We would be interested in receiving progressive reports with the data accumulated so far during the project.